Knowledge of Spanish is not only useful in everyday life, but also in many professions. Not everyone knows that 400 million people speak Spanish, making it the second most popular language in the world after English. If you intend to start learning Spanish, but you do not know which form of teaching to choose, this article may be a good source of knowledge for you.
Self learning Spanish – for whom?
Learning Spanish alone has many benefits. First of all, it allows you to decide the time and length of learning. So if you are a person who needs to comply with the variable schedule and for whom fixed time of classes can be a challenge, self-study will be a good solution. In this case, however, self-discipline is important, because only systematic learning will have an effect.
Self studying of Spanish can be a solution when you simply don’t have the option of taking a full-time course or home tutoring in your area. Often this form is chosen by people who do not feel comfortable learning in a group or the presence of others is simply too intimidating.
How do you learn Spanish by yourself?
The hardest part is to start. If you haven’t had contact with this language so far, whether at school, at work or while travelling, your home study will be focused on learning:
- basic vocabulary,
- grammar rules.
You can learn how to understand Spanish words with books, flashcards, phone applications or websites offering free vocabulary lessons.
A great way to improve your vocabulary and also listen to Spanish pronunciation is to watch movies or TV series in Spanish, for starters with subtitles or vice versa – to include a film in your own language with Spanish subtitles. Many people value this method very much and even believe that this way only they managed to learn the basics of Spanish.
When self-study of Spanish is not enough?
Learning vocabulary and grammar is a big step towards language learning. However, learning by yourself it’s easy to fall into two traps that will have consequences in the further course of learning:
- The habit of correct pronunciation. During self-study, we often try to read aloud words without knowing the subtle differences in the pronunciation of individual letters or accent. This leads to the acquisition of bad habits that will be difficult to get rid of at a more advanced level of language.
- No verbal interaction. It is nothing more than a one-sided learning, without the possibility of dialogue with another person, thanks to which you can build a natural conversation and learn quick response to heard sentences or asked questions.
Learning Spanish by yourself can be a great introduction to learning a language with the help of a teacher. Knowledge of basic words or grammar will allow you to enter the learning routine more easily and at the same time derive more satisfaction from conversation during the lesson.
Learning Spanish with a teacher – for whom?
It’s hard to argue that working with a teacher is the most effective form of language learning. As a student, you are professionally prepared to assimilate the next stages of learning and, importantly, you can be sure that the teacher watches over your progress on an ongoing basis. Learning Spanish with a teacher is certainly a solution for people who need professional help and a specific, professional teaching plan.
This form of learning should also be chosen by people with a low level of self-discipline who, at home, simply cannot mobilize to learn and maintain its regularity.
Learn Spanish with a teacher – stationary or online
Stationary language courses are very popular for several reasons:
- You have physical contact with the teacher, which is often a great help in communication
- Working in a group makes it easier and faster to overcome language barriers
- Learning takes place in the classroom, which is not exposed to distractions, as in the case of home schooling.
If there are full-time Spanish language courses in your area and you belong to people for whom the above factors are important, then definitely choose this form of learning.
In turn, learning Spanish online is a form that is gaining more and more popularity, which of course is not surprising, because it has many advantages:
- Possibility of learning from anywhere (all you need is a computer or tablet and an internet connection)
- Flexible lesson schedule (days and hours can be individually agreed with the teacher)
- Learning in comfortable conditions (you choose where you want to be during the lesson – at the desk, on the sofa or in a comfortable armchair)
- No embarrassment with the presence of other people
- The teacher’s attention is focused only on you.
Coelho Iberian School offers convenient and professional Spanish language learning online. Lessons are conducted by a native speaker, and the whole thing takes place in a stress-free, pleasant atmosphere, making learning Spanish a real pleasure.
Regardless of whether you are interested in learning Spanish online from the basics or at a more advanced level, the teacher will adapt the curriculum to your individual needs.
Schedule an online trial lesson and find out how easy it is! More details at: http://coelhoiberianschool.com/pl/
We hope that our tips will help you decide how you want to learn Spanish. If you are interested in our course offer, please contact us. We are happy to answer all your questions.